Cottage Food law allows anyone with states that have home-based food business laws to make food from home and sell it!
Did you know some states allow you to sell food made from home at Farmers Markets, local stands, special events, and more! So if you are a foodie or love to make food items or bake you should check out the video playlist below!
Check out the video playlist below to learn more about the food business world and how you can get started.
Always before anything make sure you are incorporated. Many states do not make it necessary but for your own protection in case someone falls ill, and gets sick you need to be incorporated.
Did you know you can do this online in any state! Check out INCFILE.
Also, keep in mind you can subscribe to our Youtube channel Marketing Food Online and get access to over 800 FREE videos.
Steps to get started and question to ask:
1. Make sure you are allowed to sell food from home by asking your local city, and county. Each state may have laws but the local municipalities are the ones who regulate the local laws.
2. Incorporate your business even if it is not required. You want to separate yourself from your business. For liability reasons, you need to also get insurance. FLIP PROGRAM is the best place to get started with food business insurance.
3. Perfect your recipe make sure what you are making is something your GOOD at. Why? because you will be making it very often and making something you not so good at or you don't enjoy will become a burnout!
4. Find local places to start selling. One of the best places is the Farmer's markets. Why? compared to many other local venues selling food at Farmers Markets serves 2 purposes. One is shoppers get hungry, and YOU fill that need. It can be snacks, baked goods, etc.
5. Most food can't be time or tempered sensitive. These are considered potentially hazardous foods. Almost ALL states do not allow these types.
6. So what type of foods do states allow? Items like Cookies, cakes, baked goods, Nuts, popcorn, trail mix, Seasoning, and others but you can see these items are NOT hazardous.
7. Insurance makes sure you get food business insurance for ALL your products and equipment. Also Commercial Auto Insurance policy. This is one most people actually don't realize can be a huge benefit for the business and taxes. having an Auto Insurance policy for commercial vehicle use. If you are using your vehicle to get ingredients locally, drop of orders, set up at Farmers Market it is being used for business. Thus you should get a commercial Auto Policy.
How to know what my state allows? Check out our playlist to find your state and info on how to get started.
Want over 700 videos and see new daily videos? Click here
FREE SUBSCRIPTION: https://goo.gl/n7zTix
FOOD ENTREPRENEUR BLOG !: https://marketingfoodonline.com/blogs/news
Start your OWN Food website with a FREE 2 WEEKS TRIAL on Shopify: https://bit.ly/2C5bz5K
FREE DIRECTORY OF FOOD BUSINESS RESOURCES:
If you have questions and need one on one consulting one hour call WITH Damian schedule one here : http://bit.ly/2VSZKUm
Food Business sign up for Amazon BUSINESS account :
Do you sell food online? Or need discounts for shipping? FREE 30 Day trial: Shipstation https://mbsy.co/MSPdB
Professional Food packaging Done for you:
DO YOU WANT TO INCORATE YOUR LLC? SMALL FOOD BUSINESS? CHECK OUT SWYFT FILLINGS:
Need Barcodes for your food product: https://www.legalbarcode.com/?affiliates=7
Need more advice or guidance? Check out these videos FREE
Getting your food in retail https://youtu.be/tt52a2N_Dn8
Food Distributors https://youtu.be/UZDQGsLC6z8
Subscribers Q and A https://youtu.be/tXNv7Szt4nk
Incorporating your food business https://youtu.be/97Z79HHNtKA
Secrets to selling over $100,000 in food on Etsy https://youtu.be/J_ltPih8dr0
Working full time and starting a business https://youtu.be/Ce6aFNL5uDk
Facebook groups free food promotion https://youtu.be/P-Ot8gt4VnI
Starting your food business tips and experience https://youtu.be/SZZDYPo47Hw
Do you need barcodes? https://youtu.be/LJdSYjCrBbg
Selling frozen food on Amazon https://youtu.be/UVwAYtHLhGU
Starting with a commercial kitchen https://youtu.be/-CGu0lvMai0
Cottage food law selling food from home https://youtu.be/cWIzicQOfDw
Food truck supplies $10,000 equipment for $1,000 https://youtu.be/lsEOO6z04Rg
Disclaimer some of the links in this blog are affiliate links we may receive compensation if used.Listen to "Marketing Food Online Food Entrepreneur" on Spreaker.