So selling food on Amazon has been an idea of yours but your wondering are certain guidelines for the packaging of food products via selling on Amazon? Well there are a few things to KNOW before you dive into selling food onnAmazon or using the Amazon FBA.
Before we do make sure you subscribe to Marketing Food Online the Youtube channel we have created talks about Selling on Amazon, Ebay, Etsy and your own eCommerce website.
I have been selling on Amazon for nearly 6 years now and have built a 6 Figure business annually on the platform. My wife and I ru a candy and snack business and have made great sales and even have ( as of today ) best-selling food products in the ri respected categories. But, to be honest, it is NOT easy it takes work, and if the idea of just putting a product online and it will sell itself is NOt how successful eCommerce businesses work.
So let me explain some of the packaging rules you need to be aware of.
Product requirements as per what Amazon requires.
- Food must be properly prepared, packaged, sealed, and labeled.
- Be sure to be incorporated and if you have not you can do it in minutes at Inc Authority from your computer!
- You must be licensed, or have approval from the relevant government agency for the products you plan to sell.
- You must ensure your products and business operations comply with federal and state laws. This includes laws not described in Amazon policies.
- Sell all Grocery & Gourmet Food products as new. You cannot list used products.
- Food is viewed as date-sensitive. It must have an expiration date permanently marked on every unit, unless the product is exempt. This includes every unit that is shipped and every unit displayed for sale.
- Keep the Fulfilment Center (FC) shelf-life details up to date for grocery products. The FC shelf life is the length of time a product is sellable or fit to be eaten.
- Label in English all products covered by federal, state, and local laws. Must follow all FDA, and USDA policies and rules and regulations.
- Enclose and seal food in packaging suitable for shipping. It must keep food from contamination, spoiling, melting, and damage. Keep in mind the use of glass I would recommend when possible stay from the use of glass very fragile as well.
- You must ship food with enough of its shelf life remaining. You must not remove or alter the expiration date.
- When you sell products in multi-packs, the expiration date on the multi-pack packaging must match the earliest expiration date of the products inside.
- You must list Grocery & Gourmet Food products using the manufacturer's UPC code. You can use the Amazon Brand registry for YOUR own brand. I would say apply for this for your product and use their brand registry.
If you are looking for MORE resources check out the videos below for more info on. Small Business Insurance, Small business topics, Small Food Business Ideas, and Much more.
Disclaimer some fo the links above may be affiliate links I may receive compensation if used.
Want over 700 videos and see new daily videos? Click here
FREE SUBSCRIPTION: https://goo.gl/n7zTix
FOOD ENTREPRNURE BLOG !: https://marketingfoodonline.com/blogs/news
Start your OWN Food website with a FREE 2 WEEKS TRIAL on Shopify: https://bit.ly/2C5bz5K
FREE DIRECTORY OF FOOD BUSINESS RESOURCES:
If you have questions and need one on one consulting one hour call WITH Damian schedule one here : http://bit.ly/2VSZKUm
Food Business sign up for Amazon BUSINESS account :
Do you sell food online? Or need discounts for shipping? FREE 30 Day trial: Shipstation https://mbsy.co/MSPdB
Professional Food packaging Done for you:
DO YOU WANT TO INCORATE YOUR LLC? SMALL FOOD BUSINESS? CHECK OUT SWYFT FILLINGS:
Need Barcodes for your food product: https://www.legalbarcode.com/?affiliates=7
Need more advice or guidance? Check out these videos FREE
Getting your food in retail https://youtu.be/tt52a2N_Dn8
Food Distributors https://youtu.be/UZDQGsLC6z8
Subscribers Q and A https://youtu.be/tXNv7Szt4nk
Incorporating your food business https://youtu.be/97Z79HHNtKA
Secrets to selling over $100,000 in food on Etsy https://youtu.be/J_ltPih8dr0
Working full time and starting a business https://youtu.be/Ce6aFNL5uDk
Facebook groups free food promotion https://youtu.be/P-Ot8gt4VnI
Starting your food business tips and experience https://youtu.be/SZZDYPo47Hw
Do you need barcodes? https://youtu.be/LJdSYjCrBbg
Selling frozen food on Amazon https://youtu.be/UVwAYtHLhGU
Starting with a commercial kitchen https://youtu.be/-CGu0lvMai0
Cottage food law selling food from home https://youtu.be/cWIzicQOfDw
Food truck supplies $10,000 equipment for $1,000 https://youtu.be/lsEOO6z04Rg
Food business Tax Exemption https://youtu.be/wN0Hwh8wUIY
Selling food at Farmers Markets https://youtu.be/ojDSmIQiQnY
The $200,000,000 Dollar Jerky Business Success https://youtu.be/EfuZhLWJIoU
Selling Food on Ebay https://youtu.be/oditO05Fq8Y
Getting an investor for your food business https://youtu.be/pTx3u18EB1c